- Rearrange flyers until perfectly straight.
- Sing along with the radio.
- Stare blankly through the empty store.
- Chat with coworkers (if friendly).
- Dance spastically (if appropriate music).
- Drink lots of water.
- Immediately regret drinking water, since need to pee.
- Stop after five because my legs hurt.
- Write blog posts.
- Get yelled at (depending on supervisor).
- Resolve to be more surrepticious.
- OMG A CUSTOMER! Check through their item. (Or three, if I'm really lucky.)
- Answer their questions, which generally take these forms:
2) When is it closing? (Same as above.)
3) Can I still use my rewards points? (Yes, as it says ON THE CARD ITSELF.)
- Sometimes, if my luck is THROUGH THE ROOF, they'll add in a story about their experiences here! Depending on my level of boredom, sometimes I am even interested.
Literally, this is my day. Sometimes, but again only if I'm really lucky, I get to go put away discarded items. (And that's truly a highlight.)
Actually, though, the highlight yesterday was of quite a different kind. Someone bought... this.
This is... a shirt?
And these... are pants?
And here is the entire "outfit" in all its glory!
...I nearly died laughing. Literally, how can someone actually buy this and think, ok, this is cute? DOES NOT COMPUTE.