Look, I don't even like chocolate cake. (Chocolate by itself= love, but usually I find it too dry.) This one is moist and soft and delicious... oh my, now I want another one. (This is why I chose to feature it today for my Favourite Tuesday- I may never eat another chocolate cake again. Scratch that, I might never eat anything else again. I'll just live on this.)
The original recipe can be found here at Chocolate-Covered Katie's (along with TONS of other amazing and healthy desserts). Here's my personal version!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon hot chocolate mix (I used a combination of Godiva and dark... On a side note, why do we have all these fancy kinds? We drink hot chocolate only rarely, yet we have six different kinds of fancy mix...must be for the ghosts)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1/8 tsp salt (or, if you are like me and hate measuring, several shakes)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (because you can never have too much chocolate!)
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in your mug, then add wet ingredients. Microwave for approximately 45 seconds, depending on how powerful your microwave is. Then... EAT.
I would have taken a picture, but I was lost in my chocolate heaven and didn't think of it until I resurfaced.
And why a mug, you ask? Well, that part isn't necessary. It's just more fun that way!
See, isn't this cute?
Please, tell me you'll make it and let me know what you think!