Tuesday, July 24, 2012

OMGALJKEYMFS...aka, chocolate mug cake

This is literally the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten. Plus, it takes five minutes. Plus, it is low calorie! (Well, for chocolate cake, so don't get too excited... but still!) GO MAKE THIS. Right now. I swear you won't regret it!


Look, I don't even like chocolate cake. (Chocolate by itself= love, but usually I find it too dry.) This one is moist and soft and delicious... oh my, now I want another one. (This is why I chose to feature it today for my Favourite Tuesday- I may never eat another chocolate cake again. Scratch that, I might never eat anything else again. I'll just live on this.) 






The original recipe can be found here at Chocolate-Covered Katie's (along with TONS of other amazing and healthy desserts). Here's my personal version!



  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon hot chocolate mix (I used a combination of Godiva and dark... On a side note, why do we have all these fancy kinds? We drink hot chocolate only rarely, yet we have six different kinds of fancy mix...must be for the ghosts) 
  • 2 teaspoons cocoa
  • 3 tablespoons white flour 
  • 1/8 tsp salt (or, if you are like me and hate measuring, several shakes)
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (because you can never have too much chocolate!)
  • 3 tsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons applesauce
  • 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in your mug, then add wet ingredients. Microwave for approximately 45 seconds, depending on how powerful your microwave is. Then... EAT. 

I would have taken a picture, but I was lost in my chocolate heaven and didn't think of it until I resurfaced. 

And why a mug, you ask? Well, that part isn't necessary. It's just more fun that way!




See, isn't this cute?

Please, tell me you'll make it and let me know what you think!


26 comments:

  1. So cute! And delicious looking! I would live off that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be a wonderful life indeed :D i wish i could!

      Delete
  2. I found a recipe for this a couple of weeks ago and I love it! So good!! I must try this recipe soon, hopefully Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. i'm so glad to spread the chocolate goodness :D

      Delete
  4. I am going to try this! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious and adorable. I think I would end up having more than one mug though... haha. =) I am like you - all for pure chocolate, but chocolate cake is usually a no go. Moist chocolate cake sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, i know, it's so tempting just to keep making it over and over... so far i'm managing to resist, but reading all the comments is making me want more!

      Delete
  6. Oh. My. Lord.

    I have to make this! You know what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.. it is mouthwatering and I am so gonna try it soon :) xxxx

    Sneak peek into my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you think it looks good :D let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  8. Not to be the awkward idiot that comments twice, but I MADE IT AND OMG IT'S SO GOOD>

    <3Hima

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not to be a double commenter, but I made it and OMG IT"S SO GOOD! a;dlkfj;lkfj;flkdjf d we only made one mug for our whole family and I'm so regretting that right now. Wish I had my own!

    <3Hima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyy! i'm glad you liked it! haha, you'll just have to make it again soon ;)

      Delete
  10. Someone at work made this and it smelled heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, i bet! that must have been awful, having to smell it but not eat any...

      Delete
  11. Now I want some! I know what`s for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. too bad we don't have a microwave anymore.. this looks incredible :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, that is too bad! hmm... you might be able to make it in the oven, on low for just a minute or two? tempted to try that now xD

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)