Sunday, July 15, 2012

award & confessions

Good morning lovely listeners! Today I am happy to report that I recieved an award from the wonderful Niksie over at Read My Mind. Thank you so much! I feel so lucky!



Now, onto the 11 facts/confessions about moi! (Just realised I used several exclamation marks in a row. I apologise for the morning enthusiasm.)

1. I have a phobia of earwigs. Just the thought of them makes me feel sick... and yesterday I discovered one crawling on my chocolate bar.

THIS IS SERIOUS.

I may never eat chocolate bars again.

(I thought about posting a picture, but just the thought of looking at earwigs again made me shudder a little and I decided not to inflict this on you.)

2. I'd like to try wearing coloured contacts. I want to see how many people actually notice... plus I've always wanted to have green eyes.

3. I have been known to eat spoonfuls of peanut butter (like, six) as a snack.



Just look at that. How can you resist it? (I like the crunchy natural kind best. Putting things other than peanuts in it is just WRONG.)

4. Writing is an addiction for me. (By writing, I mean my stories, novel, etc. This blog is for fun/procrastination!) Sometimes I don't even enjoy it... but I have to do it, otherwise my heart starts racing and my brain goes into overflow idea mode. (Is this totally weird? Probably.)

5. I really want to try fencing, except the only classes in my area are on Saturday mornings. (Now, this is not an impediment because I'm too lazy to get up then, but because it's often the only time I can hang out with friends.)



Doesn't this look fun? Yet another reason I can't wait to move out!

6. Reading the newspaper is a special treat in our household. The three of us (moi plus parentals) get all excited whenever we remember to buy it, then spend the day passing it between us and discussing the latest events.

...ok, so we're lame. Don't judge.

7. I have stuffed animals all over my bed and I bring them when I go on trips. (One of them even got a special post about him/her here!)

...What? They might get lonely without me!


8. I check my email way too much, but take a super long time to answer. (I need to work on this.)


9. I NEED A JOB. I have literally applied everywhere but fast-food places in my town, and am the only person in my class without work. 
(I know, I know, I shouldn't be picky... but the thought of being around that much meat makes me want to vomit.) 


10. I'm incapable of going more than a couple of days (sometimes not even that long) without face-to-face conversation with a friend. I need social contact, and Facebook just doesn't cut it.


Plus, you can't do this!






11. I'd like to be able to play guitar better but I don't practice enough. I just never seem to have enough time for everything I want to do. 


Now, for Niksie's questions...



1. What's the lesson you learnt most from your parents?
Ooh, this is hard… maybe to realize that, sometimes you don't enjoy something, but you still have to do it?

2. What's the hardest situation in your life? How did you deal with that?
When I was younger, I skipped a grade (2, in case you're wondering) and it was a huge readjustment; I had to leave all my friends and join all these people I didn't really know (and, to be honest, didn't really like). Where my 'old' class was easy-going and everyone got along, my 'new' class was super cliquey and filled with drama. To be completely honest, I still don't feel super close to any of them- we just don't share the same interests- but I've learnt to make friends with other grades and outside people now.

3. What's your favorite sport? (if you're American, are you into soccer?)
Right now I'm going through a fencing phase! (As mentioned above.) Other than that I love dance and basketball. (And I HATE HOCKEY. So what if it's the 'Canadian sport', it's bloody boring.)

4. If you met Snooki, what would you say to her?
I have no idea… I've never watched Jersey Shore, so I'd probably walk away super awkwardly.

5. What's your favorite reality show?
Vampire Diaries? Hahaha, I don’t actually watch reality TV.

6. What's your guilty pleasure?
CHOCOLATE. (Although after the earwig thing…) Also shopping.

7. Do you believe in ghosts?
YES OH MY GOSH I THINK MY HOUSE IS HAUNTED. (A post for another time, perhaps?)

8. If you were a movie character, who would you be?
Cathy from Northanger Abbey. No contest.



(This might also be a little bit of wishful thinking. Tilney + gorgeous dresses…)

9. What is your favorite moment of the day?
Early in the morning, when I'm the only one awake.
Or, just any time I'm alone in the house.

10. What's your childhood memory that you're most embarrassed of?
I once bit a girl because she was really annoying me. (I don't even remember what she did.) (And this may not seem that embarrassing, but I was in grade 3. I should have known better.)

11. Mountain or beach?
Mountain! Yay for hiking! Here's a picture of when we went to Spain… we walked all day, it was lovely.





Well, enough about me. Now I award this lovely award (can you say that? lots of 'award' in a sentence) to...
And here are my questions for you:
  1. Favourite band?
  2. Do you like travelling?
  3. What's the item you always have in your purse?
  4. What makeup do you use?
  5. What's something that makes you happy?
  6. Can you climb trees?
  7. What can you spend hours doing?
  8. What kind of blogs do you like?
  9. What celebrity would you like to meet?
  10. What's your favourite dessert?
  11. What's a random fact about your town?


This is also my contribution to the wonderful linkup over at Alyx's super cool blog! Go check it out if you haven't already, it's quite hilarious. 





Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! (And that you're not about to die of the heat like I might. If you don't hear from me again, assume I've melted.)

15 comments:

  1. ahhh...i'm so sorry about the earwigs that make you think of never eat chocolate ever again!

    i never see Jersey Shore too. i ask that out of curiosity if other people think the show is dumb too like i do (i get the opinion from reading magazine).

    you believe in ghost! *soulmate. i have a ghost experience, believe it or not.

    thank you so much for playing. i feel entertained reading your answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks- i hope i get over it soon O.o

      completely agreed! girls at school talk about it... ugh.

      i definitely believe you, don't worry :) & i had fun!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your award! And oh gosh I would completely freak out if there was an earwig on my chocolate bar! Scarred for life! I love that you're such a fan of Northanger Abbey. <3
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) exactly, it was awful! haha, Northanger Abbey is the best <3

      Delete
  3. I do the same thing with my email - it's bad.
    And I LOVE hiking! It's so hard to pick between water and mountains, though. I'd want both, because I'm greedy.
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do love beaches... but i like hiking more ;) haha, thank you for having the linkup!

      Delete
  4. Haha do you curl? I know it's Canadian so... haha
    Also, please post the ghost story!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, but we do have a team at school -_- (it is only slightly less silly than hockey, imo)
      alrighty :D

      Delete
  5. Fun post (except the earwig part, ugh)!

    I have worn contacts (not colored ones, just for vision correction) for a very long time now. And of course my friend JUST told me that apparently the brand I use makes colored ones also. So I am totally ready to try those too!

    Also, I have tons of stuffed animals and usually pick one to bring on vacation with me. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, that sounds great! i have to look into this :D
      & hahaha, me too! glad to know i'm not alone ;)

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the award. :] Haven't been on blogger so I just now seen it, will be answering those questions soon. ^-~

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh newspapers... i miss my parents and i miss my home. living here in the dorm right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for tagging me :D i'll try to do it tomorrow, sorry for being so late haha i've been super busy while i was away but i got back home yesterday lol
    its nice to know someone thought of me ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)