Wednesday, July 4, 2012

glamorous guitar girl


I recently bought a strap for my guitar.

(Random tangent here: I'm suddenly thinking about teachers using the strap on students at school in the olden days. I am SO GLAD that is no longer the case... I would probably get smacked at least once a day for daydreaming/asking questions that have nothing to do with the lesson/writing instead of listening... ANYWAY.)

This was possibly the best ten dollars I ever spent. (Aside from protein bars. Except I've probably spent closer to ten times ten on those... again, ANYWAY...) At first, I was sceptical. Would I actually be able to play with this thing? Won't it just constantly be hitting my leg?

The answer: NO!

Here I am:



I seriously just wandered around on the deck for about an hour, singing extremely loudly (and probably very out of tune. Neighbours, this is payback for all the times I've had to listen to your screaming children.)- so basically, having fun!

And as you can tell, the outfit is very important too. To be a musician, one must have a unique style... which is why I chose my old basketball shirt (free! and comfy! What more could you want) + bare feet (who needs shoes? It's summer!) + cupcake skirt (just to add a little style).

If I owned a cowboy hat, I would have thrown that in too. (Or a dinosaur hat! Still waiting, guys... wink wink.) Ah well, next time. Do you have specific outfits you wear for different random purposes? (Like pumping yourself up, that wonderful shirt that makes you look like a model, etc)

Of course, when I'm busking, I try to look a a little more stylish: 



Who cares how I sound, as long as I look good? And just out of curiosity- what's your opinion on busking? Do you ever stay and listen?

As you could possibly tell from the title, this is my entry to Jenny Matlock's wonderful linkup!

Jenny Matlock

25 comments:

  1. You look cute! A good guitar strap is always a good thing. It's really cool that you busk - sometimes you hear really great people that way!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and busking. I seriously make it a point to stay and listen to buskers, and if they're good enough (about 30% of the time), I buy their CDs. I have WAY too many CDs.

    <3Hima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, i'm glad! haha, i love cds- so much better than downloading music.

      Delete
  3. Very fun. When I lived in Chicago I used to love getting off the el/subway and hearing great music playing on the platform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do stay and listen to buskers and are happy to part with our pennies if they have entertained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to know! hopefully you hear some good ones soon :)

      Delete
  5. nice story ... good sense of humor! Brought a smile to my morning coffee time before work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love to stop and here music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you getting back at your neighbors hahaha, that is fantastic!


    AND I bet you sound a heck of a lot better than a screaming child :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    Fun post. We stop and listen to the buskers when we can. Some are really good...others not so. Thanks for sharign.

    Goddess Of Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem :) i hope you hear some good music soon!

      Delete
  9. Dude. If I had a dinosaur hat, it would be all mine for keeps. But it would look pretty good with that outfit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun post. Depends on the buskers...if they've got talent, we stay. If not, we walk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first picture is so beautiful!
    I would love to hear you playing.
    There is an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! hopefully i would be good enough!
      & thank you so much! i feel so behind... i will definitely be making a major post soon!

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you before! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I love that dress you're wearing! :)

    http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :3 that's what i love best about summer- the chance to wear dresses! (aside from summer vacation, of course!)

      Delete
  13. Holy, my gosh!

    You are gorgeous!

    And I love your new guitar strap! I dig out my guitars now and then and sing and play! My favorite now is the electric guitar but my 12 string acoustic often whispers for attention, too.

    Thanks for a grand link for the letter "G".

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)