Sunday, July 29, 2012

teen girl searching for the right job


I had a job interview today! Now, my experience with them has not been stellar up to this point. Okay, not that I've had many, but if there were a prize for most applications handed out to unfriendly store people, I would win a prize... probably something like a crumpled receipt written in gold pen.

However, in contrast to my former attempts (like the time the interviewer didn't even look at me the entire time, preferring to stare at some all-fascinating point over my shoulder, or the time I offered my resume only to see the store person stuff into a garbage can) this time seemed to go fairly well! No tripping or awkward silences, and only minor babbling. (Really though, babbling is how I operate all the time... so it's only to be expected.)

Plus, I finally got to wear my new pencil skirt! 



(Mirror photos forever!) I can be fairly confident that, if they were hiring solely on appearance, I'd be a shoo-in. At least I wasn't wearing something like this:



The store I saw this in actually had it in all the colours of the rainbow! (Would you rather look like a blue jellyfish or an orange one? Decisions, decisions.) Ah, the joys of living in a small town. Just think: once I get a job, I could afford to buy ALL OF THEM! If only my school uniform was this glamourous.

What kinds of frustrating job or shopping experiences have you had lately? 

11 comments:

  1. I hope you end up getting the job! I know that job interviews and applying for things can be such an awful experience.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Threw it in the garbage?!? How rude/awful/unprofessional! That makes me mad! Job hunting can be sooo difficult. The pencil skirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) & yes, that part didn't strike me as very kind...

      Delete
  3. what were you applying for? the hr indeed was unprofessional gosh. you look good in your outfit! :)and i think that orange skirt you're holding up there's really cute. teehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't remember :P probably just something in retail. thanks ;) & hmm, maybe it looks better on?

      Delete
  4. I wish you all the best to grab the job :) I have been out on Friday for some shopping but could not find anything which fits to my mood :)Have a nice day xx

    Sneak peek into my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) i hate days like that- so frustrating!

      Delete
  5. Oh geez - sounds like you have encountered quite a few rude people in the job hunt! Well hopefully this one works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's for sure :P oh well, probably happens to everyone. thanks for the good wishes!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)