Sunday, July 1, 2012

canada day confessions


I saw this cool linkup over at Every Day Is A New Adventure, and couldn't resist joining in the fun!





Of course, since today is Canada Day (in case you didn't know...) I thought I'd give it my own little spin.

1. When I saw the Google logo for today... I was slightly heartbroken.



There's a huge beaver on it. Beavers need braces. Making this ugly creature our national symbol is like saying that all Canadians need braces. Why is it that we have to have it as our symbol? Why can't we have something cute?



...I JUST WANT TO BE A POLAR BEAR. Is that really too much to ask?

2. I don't even know what Canada Day is for. (This is a little embarrassing, and probably makes me a horrible citizen.) Independence? Confederation? (Many people seem to just use it as an excuse to get drunk...)
Also, I am too lazy to spend thirty seconds looking it up... so if you know, feel free to share!

3. Being a firework would be lots of fun! Just think... everyone loves you, you're pretty and sparkly, and you get a wonderful view. What's not to like?



4. I am not actually going to any parties... instead, I'm going to a fire at my friends' house because our parents are secret pyromaniacs. (Actually, not so secret. Every few days, "Let's have a fire! It's so exciting!" What's so exciting about smelling like smoke, I have no idea.)

That's it for my confessions today! Are there any Canadians out there? Does anyone have any Canada Day plans?

14 comments:

  1. I freakin' love this post. Your beaver comment... too funny. And your blog is awesome. Adding you to my reading list! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! The beaver comment! Too funny... and yep, nerdy Historian over here. It's to commemorate Confederation! 145 years of Canada ba-by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, oh, I just have to laugh when I think of Canada's symbol. I mean, a beaver? I guess a bald eagle isn't the greatest, but whatever.
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed :/ hey, at least it can fly... we can... chew things?

      Delete
  4. Your post had me cracking up...whenever i think of them I think of the show "Angry Beavers". Have you ever seen the show? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. urgh beavers. seriously? we could be bunny or something, maybe a jaguar!! gahh! also, i never really knew what canada day was for. at first i thought maybe it was some day to be proud of being canadian but i mean we wouldnt live here if we were proud am i right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed xD jaguars= <3 & what are you talking about? i'm proud to be here ;)

      Delete
  6. Fellow Canadian here!! I liked the google.ca illustration, I thought the beaver was cute. Probably because I have a slight addiction to beavertails. Lol. I always feel like I should clarify beavertails are a pastry in case people who haver heard of them don't think it's an actual beaver tail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm, they're delicious :D so glad they're a pastry and not actual tail... that would be gross!

      Delete
  7. It is true, fireworks do have a pretty awesome view :) I would love that!

    xo
    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)