Friday, August 10, 2012

dislike is too mild a word


At first glance, this may seem like an innocuous image. Everyone likes listening to music, right? iPods are a good thing!

Well, appearances can be decieving. The subject of this photo is not the iPod itself, but the headphones. Namely, the fact that my ears were sweating so much while I ran today that they fell out several times. (How does the inside of your ears even sweat? Or, a better question: WHY?)

Instead of beautiful music, the final minutes of my run were accompanied by squelching noises (TMI?) as I tried frantically to put the silly things back in.  IT DIDN'T WORK. (Squelching ears: Totally unmotivating. Although I do quite like the word 'squelch'. It should be used more often.)

Does this kind of thing happen when you work out? Any other problems?

14 comments:

  1. haha, I hate these things, they never stay in my ears, I think my ears must be too small or something!!! thanks for your comment on my blog :) you have a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, i have the same problem, it's awful!
      thank you for the follow :3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. haha, hopefully! next time i'll have to open a window :P

      Delete
  3. not only that they always get tangled!!! grr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just run without headphones. Ha, I know, that's probably a funny joke to you. But seriously, being a purist isn't so bad. You might grow to like it. ;) I don't run with headphones...it helps me focus. Your breathing might even get better (not so much squelching?) Lol. Keep running though! *fist bump* *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like running outside without headphones- listening to the wind, the noise of other people... it's just that i get too bored on the treadmill without something else to do! haha, fist bump right back atcha ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, the headphones that come with the iPod are so uncomfortable. In college I listed to my iPod constantly and I would get little irritated bumps in my ear from the headphones (yuck, I know). I have since ordered a pair of Skullcandy earbuds, and I'm never going back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughh, that sucks :/ glad you haven't had a problem with the skullcandy ones! i'll have to check them out.

      Delete
  6. I love your writing voice, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh it does happen for me as well, don't like it at all :P xx

    Sneak peek into my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, it's so awful! i just bought new headphones, so hopefully it won't happen as often.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)