Friday, August 24, 2012

why, naturally

....I'm posting a picture today! I would never do something so dastardly (I love that word, it's just so evocative!) as skip a day. Not me. Nope. ...right.

Anyway, the prompt for today was 'nature' and so I decided to post this picture!


This was taken during the hiking trip I talked about here. Butterflies are just so 'in' right now, I've noticed. (It seems slightly odd to mention an insect being 'in', but I'm not the one who makes the trends.) Clothing, art supplies... they're everywhere! (Thank goodness it's not wasps... somehow I have no desire to wear black-and-yellow striped clothing.) What's your favourite insect?

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture! I love seeing butterflies - they're so summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) and i feel the same! i love watching them flutter around.

      Delete
  2. Great pic -- butterflies are so beautiful! I'd have to say my favorite insect is a walking stick -- they are just so fabulous and unique, and they hide pretty well too!!
    Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! oh, i love walking sticks- the way they walk is just so comic :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. You are soooooo right about wasps NOT being cool. Butterflies are a much better choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Привет, красивые фото! Будем друзьями?http://lengilochka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sorry, i don't understand :s but thank you for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  5. aww, thanks! i'll be sure to check out your blog :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous picture. Butterflies are so pretty.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)