Friday, June 1, 2012

cupcake girl

In my last post, I mentioned that I have no nicknames, but that I'm trying to popularise Cupcake Girl. (Amazingly enough, there is actually a story behind this!) On Tuesday, the art class was making mosaics. I had no idea what to make, so I looked around in my locker and discovered... a magazine about cupcakes! (Yes, I just happened to have a cupcake magazine in my locker. I think that it's a little like a black hole- things just appear there without my knowledge- but usually they're less pleasant, like dust bunnies or musty smells.)

Thankfully I found it- otherwise I might have ended up making something like a binder or a pencil. (A little less cute, and I don't think Binder Girl has quite the same ring...) I sketched out my design, and I don't know if my name was simply hard to remember... but for the rest of the day, the mosaic teacher called me Cupcake Girl.

Here's my finished project: 


(It's a bit brighter in real life- the lighting at school doesn't really allow things like nice photos or nice skin.) Not quite professional quality, but I'm pretty happy with it for a first attempt.

And really... what's cuter than cupcakes?

All this to say that, if you want to call me Cupcake, I don't mind. (And, funnily enough, I was just on Within My Eyes and her newest look is called Colorful Cupcake. I think this is a sign.) Hope everyone's having a great Friday! (We're in the home stretch now...)

8 comments:

  1. Cupcake! That is beautiful! You are so talented. Glad you found that magazine in your locker instead of a pencil...even though I'm sure you would have made a great mosaic of a pencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Haha, that would have been interesting!

      Delete
  2. wow, that final product is just perfect! you are so very talented girl! and cupcakes are the best ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was a lot of fun! Too bad the supplies are difficult to organise...

      Delete
  3. Love the mosaic! Seriously, who doesn't like cupcakes? :)
    That's a cute anecdote too- and a fitting nickname!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly- there's a flavour for everyone :)
      Haha, feel free to tell the people at my school that!

      Delete
  4. Hey, Cupcake, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)