Tuesday, June 19, 2012

is that normal?! v. 3


Joining up again on the super-fun linkup over at Chalk in the Rain! Hopefully this can help me reassure myself that I really am normal after all.




(Okay… so this is partially because my brain is too fried to think up another post. Whatever.  It's nearly summer… I have exams… THAT is totally normal.)

1. Is it normal to drive 5 mph over the speed limit?  10 mph? Not saying I do this *cough cough* but it's definitely normal, especially for new drivers who have less skill at determining the speed… haha, everyone around here drives at least that much over on the highway! (Some people go up to 20 or 30... so if you're coming to visit, watch out.)

2. Is it normal to pick a wedgie in public? Slightly… sometimes there's nothing else you can do… as long as you conceal it. Please don't announce it to the room- TMI, along with your bladder habits.

3. Is it normal to put makeup on even if you aren't planning on leaving the house? I do this! But then I regret it, and immediately call friends so that they can see how great l look. I'd say it's normal if you want to try out a new look… but not normal to do it 'just because'.

4. Is it normal to go skinny dipping? Depends on the situation. If it's late at night, in a lake, okay… if it's the middle of the night in your neighbours' pool, not so much.

5. Is it normal to use the restroom while on the phone? That thought grosses me out quite a bit. I have NO DESIRE to learn any more about your bladder habits, people! (I even mentioned it above. Twice in one post… you know it's a strong belief!)

6. Is it normal to check yourself out when passing by a window/mirror?  When you're as gorgeous as I am, of course!
However… know the difference. One of my friends did this when passing by (what she thought was) a mirror… only to discover it was a window after all and that there were people inside who had been watching her the entire time. (This happened at the same time as this photo shoot! It was apparently an ill-fated day.)

7. Is it normal to keep folded laundry in the basket instead of putting it away? Of course! Seriously, who has enough time to put away laundry right away? (If you do, please go have fun. Right now. Doctor's orders.)

8. Is it normal to turn & walk the opposite direction when seeing someone you know in a store? Ducking down other aisles? Picking up something that doesn't interest you and scrutinizing it carefully? OH YES. If you don't know them well, it's far better to avoid the awkwardness… although sometimes it merely creates more, when they catch up to you and ask "Were you running away from me?" (Put that on the list of questions never to ask.)

9. Is it normal to drink coffee/soda from a straw? Coffee- I would be worried to have the straw melt in my drink and cause an odd plastic-y flavour. Soda, though, I'd say yes. (Particularly if said straw is made of licorice!)

10. Is it normal to hover the toilet in a public restroom? Definitely! Who knows what kinds of things may lurk there?


So what do you think? Am I normal? Do you do the same kinds of things?


Oh, and just to prove I didn't completely abandon Favourite Tuesdays... here is a song I love, love, love. (This is actually my favourite song of all time... we're married, every other song is a mere fling.) 



What do you think of it? (If you don't like it... I might cry a little bit... just a little. But I'm sure I'll manage to survive.) 

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I'm always looking at myself in car windows only to realise someone is at there staring back at me! :/ oops
    Love the song it kind of reminds me of the xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoopsie.. a little awkward :P i've never heard of them, will have to check them out!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)