Exams are a time of much stress. Everywhere I look, there are people muttering the laws of physics, the history of self-portraits or the body parts of horses to themselves with a crazed look in their eyes. Binders are clutched to chests as though they're the only thing saving them from drowning. (Although really it's the opposite... people are drowning in too many notes!) Papers fly like snowflakes as the search begins for that all-important revision list.
Am I describing myself? Not at all. I am perfectly zen. (This may have more to do with my feeling that summer has already begun and that none of this matters than how prepared I am, but hey, whatever works!) How do I manage this, you ask? Well, without further ado, here's my exam survival guide!
· DON'T drink a lot of water beforehand. Yes, it's important to stay hydrated... but when you have to pee four minutes into a three-hour exam, there's a problem.
· DO eat a big breakfast. This is really for other peoples' sakes. There are few things more annoying than listening to someone's stomach growling. (Unless it's someone sniffing.)
· DO use fancy-coloured pens. Might as well make your boring essay look pretty, right? Maybe you'll get extra communication points!
· DON'T drink too much caffeine beforehand. In addition to the bathroom situation, there's the whole 'bouncing like Tigger' situation to contend with- not so great if you're trying to write an essay.
· DO eat lots of pie. It has a similar name to a mathematical concept- it MUST help you study! (This can fit in with the breakfast tip, too!)
· DO remember to breathe. Passing out/hyperventilating during the exam is definitely no fun. Also, the people around you will not be happy if you fall on top of them.
And... that's about it. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to survive exams?