Tuesday, June 5, 2012

i'm not really an awful person, i swear


Do people who tell long and pointless stories realise that they're being long and pointless? Are they just unable to read body language? A hint here, dearest readers: when your listener's are glazing over and there's drool on the corner of their lips, the story has gone on too long. (Either that, or they're a product of the upcoming zombie apocalypse.)

There are exactly eight days left of classes left. Now, there are many reasons to be excited by this (no more homework! Time to spend with friends! Time to... clean my room? No, let's not get carried away) but sometimes, the only reason I care about is that I will have almost TWO WHOLE MONTHS away from certain people. Now, I consider myself a fairly nice person. I listen to other people's boring stories, I smile and nod when what I really mean is "You're an idiot" and, let's not forget, I'm on Student Council. (If that isn't the action of a nice person, I don't know what is.)

However, there are just some people who rub me the wrong way. (Like sandpaper. Or steel wool. Or nails on a chalkboard.) Over the weekend, I think: ok. They can't really be that bad. I must be imagining this. Tomorrow, I'm sure we'll have a great time together! (The power of positive thinking, right?)

And then... I get to school and see them open their mouth (just like an alligator, prepared to bite off my ears with their stupidity) and my heart just drops. I can tell that they're about to brag (about themselves) or complain (about everyone else). Is it really any wonder that I want to smack them?

Eight. More. Days. Let the countdown begin.

Does anyone else feel like this about a specific person? Any tips on how to deal with them?

8 comments:

  1. Everyone has experienced that same kind of feeling at some point! I hope the next eight days go by quickly for you!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully they will- the last few days of school always seem to drag on and on... :P

      Delete
  2. Killing with kindness always seems to be the ticket or you could just bug off. That's usually a go to myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ignore them, that's what I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically my strategy too :P difficult when you have to spend all day with them, however!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)