- 2 cups yogourt (preferably plain)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey/agave syrup
- 2 cups bran
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, honey and eggs.
- Stir in the bran, vanilla and protein.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the yogourt and baking soda.
- Add it alternatively with the dry ingredients to the egg bowl.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake in a pre-greased muffin tin at 375 for approx. 18 minutes.
- This made about 20 fairly large muffins.
- My oven cooks quickly, so it might take slightly longer in yours.
- WATCH OUT- the yogourt and baking soda expands a lot! (I found this out to my detriment the first time I made them...)
- If you're using flavoured yogourt, sugar levels might change (and sugar is a perfectly acceptable substitute! you might have to add more liquid though).
- Protein powder isn't necessary- I just like the flavour/protein content.
...I love how my notes are nearly as long as the recipe. Let me know if you make them- I'd love to hear how they turn out!