Wednesday, June 13, 2012

normalcy is overrated

For the second time, I'm linking up with the wonderful Allyce over at Chalk in the Rain for the "...is that normal?!" linkup!


Are you intrigued? Wondering what kind of 'normal' fits into my definition? If so, read on!

1.  Is it normal to pretend you didn't already know about someone/something via Facebook when it comes up in a "real life" conversation with that person? Well… I kinda do this all the time… because it's embarrassing to admit that you've stalked someone on Facebook. (You know you've done it too!) So, I'll have to vote normal.

2.  Is it normal to "fart and walk away?" If you say you've never done this, you're totally lying. DON'T DENY IT.

3.  Is it normal to spy on your neighbors? Of course it is! Curiosity is only human. (Or cat-like…)
Confession: if there were cute boys who lived near me, I would totally spy on them. Not in a creepy, oh-I-don't-know-how-I-happened-to-be-on-your-roof way… I'm not quite that weird… but in a oh-hi-I-just-happened-to-be-walking-by way. (I can't be the only one, admit it!)

4.  Is it normal to read your boyfriend's/husband's texts? I don't think so. Relationships should be based on trust… and if you feel you have to read your partner's private messages, then it's just not there. (Look at me, being all mature!)

5.  Is it normal to compulsively check social media for notifications? Sometimes- like when you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else to do- but in general I would say no. The real world is much more exciting! Go outside and play in the rain!

6. Is it normal for a 20-something women to listen to Rap/Hip Hop? Not being a 20-something woman, I wouldn't know… but why wouldn't it be? Listen to whatever you like! (However, if you're going to listen to screamo or country, please do it when I'm not around.)

7.  Is it normal to take toiletries from a hotel? Isn't that what they're there for? You paid for the room, you paid for the products.

8.  Is it normal for your cat/dog to sleep in your bed? Sure! I personally don't sleep with my cats because they wake me up all the time (is it really necessary for you to howl like you're dying in the middle of the night? I DON'T THINK SO) but they are fun to cuddle with.

9.  Is it normal to taste test grapes out of the bag at the grocery store? This seems useless to me. Just look at them! Are they brown and squishy? If so, don't buy them. Simple as that.

10.  Is it normal for men to shape their eyebrows? I don't think it's quite normal… but I do think some guys could really use it, so maybe it should be.

And… a special bonus question that is all mine.

11. Is it normal to name your guitar after a Jane Austen hero? Well… I did… but I don't think that makes it exactly normal! In case anyone was wondering, Tilney comes from Henry Tilney of Northanger Abbey. (If you haven't read it, you definitely should!)

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree?

10 comments:

  1. This is too funny! I would have to agree with you on everything except country music (but I live in the midwest) and letting your pet sleep in bed (ewwww).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I can't believe you don't want to cuddle with your pet, though :P

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute post! And Northanger Abbey is my favourite book ever, so I love that you named your guitar after Henry!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have found a fellow Jane lover! It truly is a wonderful book <3

      Delete
  3. agree with all of these! you are too funny girl! but especially reading your boyfriends text messages. that's just a big no no!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, this was fun to read!
    I have yet to read Northanger Avveey- but I love that you named your guitar after a Lane Austen character :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks :) You should put it on your reading list for the summer- it's so funny and sweet!

      Delete
  5. Love Jane! A must read for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They make my day brighter, and I promise to answer every single one :)