2 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
3 cups strawberries (I used frozen, but fresh would be wonderful)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup oats
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 scoops protein powder (optional)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup partially melted butter
1/3 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine filling ingredients in pan.
3. Mix oats, flour and protein powder in medium-sized bowl.
4. Mix in yogurt, then honey, then butter. (Now that I type it, I realise that this could probably actually all be done at once.)
5. Put crumble on top of fruit.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
And there you have it- a delicious, easy and healthy lunch! (Or breakfast, or whatever.) If you wanted to make it a little more 'desserty', you could add cream or vanilla ice cream. (Or even just more sugar. As you can tell, I like it when the rhubarb is still very tart.)
What's your opinion on rhubarb? Would you try making this?
Oh, and this is also my entry for the wonderful linkup over on Jenny Matlock's blog! (Thank you, dearest rhubarb, for making this possible.)